INJURED IN AN AUTO ACCIDENT?
When you are injured in a car accident it is hard to know where to turn for help. Bradley Law Group takes a hard stand against negligent drivers. We make certain that our clients are paid for every damage that they are entitled to recover under the law. We believe that negligent drivers have to be held accountable. If you have been injured by a negligent driver, you may be entitled to recover two kinds of damages:
1. Compensatory Damages: Compensatory Damages are awarded to “compensate” you for the damages that you may have sustained as a result of your car accident. These damages typically include:
- Medical bills
- Prescription bills
- Physical pain
- Emotional suffering
- Lost wages
- Mileage to and from doctor visits
- Permanent impairments / disabilities
- Permanent disfigurement (scarring)
- Future medical bills
2. Punitive Damages: North Carolina law allows punitive damages to be recovered when the at-fault driver’s negligence is “willful and wanton”. Drunk driving is the most common example of willful and wanton conduct. Excessive speeding and reckless driving are two other examples where conduct may rise to the level of “willful and wanton”. North Carolina allows punitive damages to be recovered for two reasons. First, punitive damages are awarded to punish a driver for their conduct. Second, punitive damages are awarded to deter the a driver and others from similar conduct in the future. Punitive damages are not available in all cases, but they are available in drunk driving cases and other cases involving willful and wanton conduct. Bradley Law Group will discuss your case at no charge to determine all of the damages that you may be entitled to recover.
Things to Do Following a Car Accident:
- Call 911 and wait for the police or State Highway Patrol to respond.
- Seek medical treatment for your injuries.
- If possible, have someone take pictures of your injuries, the accidents scene and the vehicles involved in the collision.
- Write down the name, address and phone number of all witnesses to the accident.
- Keep a daily diary and record how you feel and how your life has been affected as a result of the accident.
Things NOT TO DO Following a Car Accident:
- DO NOT speak with any insurance company until you have spoken with a lawyer.
- DO NOT sign anything sent to you by any insurance company. Show these documents to your lawyer.
- DO NOT allow any insurance company to take your “recorded statement”.
- DO NOT discuss the facts of the accident or your injuries with any insurance company.
- DO NOT refuse medical treatment if your are hurt.
Why should I hire a lawyer to handle my case?
Car accidents are far more complex than you would think. The insurance company has teams of highly trained adjusters and lawyers to protect their interests. Standing alone, you are no match for the insurance company and their team of professionals. It’s not a fair fight and the insurance company knows it. Bradley Law Group can level the playing field.
“Injured people recover 3 ½ times more when they were represented by a lawyer.”
(-2004 Insurance Research Council study)
Insurance companies are in business to make money. Insurance companies make money by collecting premiums and paying injured people as little possible. It’s a great business model for the insurance company. Collect as much as you can and pay out as little as possible. Bradley Law Group has the experience and the resources to make the insurance company play fair. We can help maximize your settlement.
What to expect from Bradley Law Group
- We will talk with you about your auto accident and your injuries.
- We will assist you in obtaining medical treatment for your injuries if necessary.
- We will handle all communications with the auto insurance company regarding your personal injury claim. Let us deal with the hassles while you focus on healing.
- We will gather all accident reports, medical records, bills, evidence, etc.
- We will investigate all insurance coverage matters and open all appropriate claims.
- We will answer all of your questions in a timely and professional manner.
- We will assemble all evidence for review by the insurance company once you have completed your treatment.
- We will negotiate with the insurance company to get the highest offer possible.
- We will discuss your options once we have the highest offer from the insurance company to determine whether settlement or litigation is best for you.
- We will handle the disbursement of all settlement funds in accordance with state and federal laws to protect you.
- We will be your trusted partner throughout the duration of your case. It is our goal to answer your questions and put you at ease.
Is it a good idea for me to try to settle with the insurance company before hiring a lawyer?
NO! We have had to reject many cases that people have attempted to handle themselves. Some people think that they will get more money if they don’t hire a lawyer. You get to keep more if you don’t have to pay a lawyer, right? Wrong. On average, people represented by a lawyer recover 3 ½ times more than people who try to settle their case without an attorney.
(2004 Insurance Research Council Study)
When a person attempts to settle their auto accident case on their own, the insurance company knows that they have the upper hand in the negotiations and will typically make an extremely low and unfair offer. Lots of people try to hire attorneys after they their case has been undervalued by the insurance company. By the time the insurance company has made an offer to someone who is unrepresented the case is normally damaged to the point that it cannot be fixed without expensive and time consuming litigation. You were already the victim of a car accident, don’t let the insurance company make you a victim for a second time. Let Bradley Law Group represent you from the start. We will make sure that your case is handled correctly so that your rights are protected and you receive the highest settlement possible.
Do you think you have an Auto Accident
Complete our Free Case Evaluation