ARE YOU ENTITLED TO FINANCIAL COMPENSATION?
If you have been injured due to the negligence of another, you may be entitled to recover two kinds of damages:
1. Compensatory Damages: Compensatory Damages are awarded to “compensate” you for the damages that you may have sustained as a result of your accident. These damages typically include the following:
- Medical bills
- Prescription bills
- Physical pain
- Emotional suffering
- Lost wages
- Mileage to and from doctor visits
- Permanent impairments / disabilities
- Permanent disfigurement (scarring)
- Future medical bills
2. Punitive Damages: Punitive damages may be available to you if the at-fault driver was intoxicated or was driving in a reckless manner. North Carolina law allows punitive damages to be recovered in these situations for two reasons. First, punitive damages are awarded to punish the drunk or reckless driver for their conduct. Second, punitive damages are awarded to deter the drunk or reckless driver and others from similar conduct in the future. Bradley Law Group works hard to recover punitive damages whenever they are allowed by law.
Please contact us so that we can discuss the particular facts of your case. We can give you a much better idea of what damages may be available after you tell us about the facts of your case.